Monday, June 27, 2011

Letter Day 1 at the MTC

Today  was a great day! Everyone is so nice and friendly. I really like my companion Elder Yentes. His is from Fresno, CA area. I'm all unpacked and just winding down. Dinner was pretty good and I saw a lot of people from BYU and stuff. I never saw Elder LeBlanc tho. This Elder stuff is weird. I didn't learn too much Spanish today, but we went over a little. My teachers are cool and so are my zone leaders. We are always going to be in the same classroom & everyone around us is also learning Spanish. And they welcome us in Spanish all the time cuz we have an orange dot on our name tag since its Day 1, but I just took my dot off. Expect an email Saturday. I'm just letting you know that I am having a GREAT time, I love it, and I'm doing great! Also I would just like to share the biggest thing that I learned today. Show people you love them, ask them questions about their life and listen to them, have charity even as Jesus Christ has, and just show them that they are important and that you care about them. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I know that I need to show investigators & everyone that I love them and let them know that their Heavenly Father loves them on an individual level. The spirit will reside where charity exists. The MTC is full of the spirit, its awesome. I know I'm doing the right thing.

Hope all is well.

Love,

Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment