Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011

So last week when I went to send my email, I ran out of time before I could. And the computer will usually let you log back in and give you an extra minute just in case you didn't send it. But my computer didn't let me do that. So I had to go talk to some lady in an office to ask for some extra time becuase I ran out. That's why my email got to you so late.
Things are going great. Teaching is getting easier, but I still need a lot of work. It is really hard to start teaching a person. You have to get to know them, find out their needs, then teach them a lesson. And it is just really hard to transition from thing to thing. Especially in Spanish because I know what I want to say, but can't say it in Spanish. Sometimes it is really frustrating and so I turn to Spanglish. But I am getting better at teaching and enjoying it more.
The Spanish is still coming along. I hit a little wall for a little while, but got over it. Some of the grammar principles are still dificult and really hard to do on the fly when I am talking, but it's coming along. I can read a lot of things in Spanish. But the most difficult thing to read in Spanish are definitely the scriptures. It is really hard to follow along and understand them. I can understand what the scripture says sometimes, but it really takes a long time. I can't just read them and know what they say.
 
We had two great devotionals this week just like every week. Unfortunetly I don't have my journal with me so I don't have their names. But one of them who spoke on Sunday had already spoke to us before and he is just really funny. He was cracking jokes left and right. I think he is in the media department here at the MTC and he showed us some commercials that the church had made and they were really helpful because at the end they have some good one liners and he would go over the one liners with us. Some were real cheesy but I enjoyed all of them. One of them was real sad about a girl who swam and did relays, and here team always took last. The girl who swam the last part had something wrong with her legs and so she was pretty slow, but it said that she always finished every race. There were a lot of commercials that I liked. And he showed us some older commercials and they were still pretty funny.
 
The other speaker that spoke on Tuesday and told us some just really cool things. He said that we had a spark of Diety in us and so therefore we have the greatest potential. He also said on our mission that it is the sancifying and purifying time in our life. Because we go through afflictions and we suffer and we repent and we experiance joy. It's just a real up and down time. He said that the mission is the greatest and worst time of your life (or something like that). It was a great talk, I really love the devotionals here.
 
On Sunday me and Elder Hubbard, Leblanc, and Cousineau took a picture together. It was nice to be all together. Me and Elder Hubbard get to see eachother a lot which is great because usually when I am down or missing my family or friends back home, me and Elder Hubbard seem to run into eachother and get to just have a little conversation that is always nice. It's amazing how prevelant the Lord's hand is in our lives, and most of the time, we don't even realize it.
 
I just got back from the temple. It was nice because it has been closed for cleaning. It was just really peaceful and comforting today and it's really nice on the mission because you can just kind of forget about everything while you are in there. After our session, we ate breakfast in the temple cafeteria. Which was really nice because their food is a lot better than the MTC's. I got biscuits and gravy, apple juice, and potatoes (the skinny ones that you slice with like a cheese grater?) haha and it was only $3. So I plan to eat there every time after the temple.
 
This week I got a letter from Ryan7725 The Prodigee Boomer Ray Stockard. It was real nice to hear that they are all doing great. They went to the celebrity golf tournament in Tahoe and got a Jimmer jersey signed by Jimmer of course. But the greatest part was that Ryan got a football signed by Jake Golden Boy Heaps for his birthday. My mom then I'm guessing did some great Facebook creeping and sent me 3 pictures of them at the celebrity golf tournament. I miss my friends like crazy, but I would much rather be here. I just wish we could all be going to Orlando together right now and be companions the whole time haha.
 
Time is just cruising here in the MTC. The thing I miss most is naps. I really took those for granted back home. I'm not a waking up at 6:30 type, but it is getting a little easier for me. We are always doing things here in the MTC and when we have a little extra time it seems like we go to the MTC Bookstore and buy some more flashcards or something. The store is really addicting and is just so cheap.
 
Me and my companion are getting along great. We are having a blast and we are getting to know eachothers styles a lot bettter, so our teaching is starting to get better together. Our district is really close, it's nice. It's just a lot of fun to be here.
 
Final story and this is for GMC$. So at the end of every day, we play this game where we all stand in a circle and point our "guns" (hands) at someone in the circle, then one person shoots and when you shoot you put your hand down. Whoever gets shot then shoots someone and puts their hand down. When you shoot twice, and you get shot, you have to say the prayer. I'm on a 4 kill streak right now, but I think they might be gaining up on me tonight. I know I did a horrible job at explaining how to play the game haha.
 
Love and miss you all! thanks for the lettters, parayers, and packages!
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment