Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14th, 2011

So tomorrow is transfers and so we just figured out who is going where. My first companion, Elder Spilsbury just got transferred. He was our District Leader, but he is now a Zone Leader. He is the Zone Leader over my zone, so I still might seem him quite a bit. He is really excited. So that means it is just me and Elder Knapp now! The trio was really fun, but it will be nice to have a little more room with just the two of us. Elder Knapp was the one in my MTC district. So we have only been out for 2 transfers/3 months, so our Spanish isn't great, but we will be able to get by. If anything, we just have to rely more on the Spirit, so I am really looking forward to it.
 
We were really blessed by the Lord this week. We had the most lessons that I have ever had on the mission this week. It was a blast!
And I am really grateful for that. Hopefully we will be able to bring more souls unto Christ through these lessons.
 
So in different countries, they have different words and different sayings. I hadn't really talked with a lot of Mexicans because the area I'm in doesn't have too many, but Elder Spilsbury and Elder Knapp have served in areas that is just mostly Mexicans. And this week we were teaching a Mexican family and I asked in Spanish if there is another day that we could stop by to share more. The wife said "Mande" which sounds like "Mahnday" in English. So I thought she tried to speak some English and thought she said "Monday". But it turns out that Mande is in English kind of like "Come again. (Like they didn't hear the question)" and so my companions just started busting up at me because they knew what it meant, but I thought she said Monday. And no one else really says Mande except for Mexicans. So that was pretty funny. Also this week at a door a mom with a baby answered the door. She wasn't super interested so we asked if we could give her a card. So I gave her a mormon.org card and said, "We would love to check you out." And then I realized what I was said, so then I was super embarrassed and said real fast, "I mean we would love for you to check out this website!" it was super embarrassing and she totally caught what I said the first time. My companions almost died laughing. My English is getting worse and worse. But hopefully my Spanish is getting better and better.
 
I know that this is the same Church that Jesus Christ established 2,000 years ago. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. There is so much power in that book! And your Heavenly Father is always there for you. I love this gospel.
 
Love you all and thanks for the prayers! I need them!
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment