Tuesday, December 13, 2011

November 21st, 2011

This past week, we met a lot of people! It was also the longest bike week that I have had. I am soooo tired. Some things that happened this week are:
 
I cut off my companion on bikes and he crashed... I might be paying a little bit for that accident.
My tie collection got cooler because Elder Spilsbury left and you always change ties with your companion. He gave me his best and I gave him my only good one that I have. He definitely got the short end of the trade.
 
We got chased by a dog for a little bit.
Someone told us that there was a Spanish person down this dirt road, and when we got there, there was a sign that said beware of dog and I only saw two small dogs, then this obese dog came around that corner and (if dogs had belly buttons) put its belly button to about the top of the fence.... Sooo we didn't knock the house.
 
It was a pretty fun/tiring week.
 
Thanksgiving is coming up and I am pretty excited! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I would just like to make a list of everything that I am thankful for: A loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ, the opportunity to be born in this gospel into a wonderful family, the scriptures, prayer, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Gift of the Holy Ghost and all the gifts/things that comes with it, a bike, a car, the weather in Florida, an amazing family and friends that I know love me and pray for me, the members of the Valencia Ward, the opportunity I have to learn Spanish, a companion that I can learn so much from and is a hard worker who loves this gospel, always having what I need, missionary work, trials, a wonderful loving Mission President and his wife, all of the people that I have met and talked to here in Florida, being able to see a change in people, knowledge and experiences that keep on growing, basketball, GMC$, BYU, temples and the peace that I feel in them and the opportunity to have so many so close, the letters that I receive from my family and friends, time, hot water and electricity, ice cream, the holidays, the Plan of Salvation, a living prophet and apostles, all church leaders, the priesthood, and much more.
 
Sometimes I get really down because I am not seeing immediate success in this work, days aren't always easy, but the blessings and the joy that this work brings outweighs everything that is frustrating or disappointing in life. I have really learned just how powerful prayer actually is in the past couple of months and I have also learned more about how loving and merciful our Heavenly Father is. It gives me so much comfort to know no matter where I am or what I am going through, my Heavenly Father is always there for me and loves me.
 
I love you all and hope everything is going good! Thanks for the prayers! Pray for missionary opportunities for yourself, there is no greater joy.
 
Love Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment