Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nov. 28th,2011

I am learning so much out here, it is incredible. I have learned that serving a mission is a privilege and a blessing. I really can't express everything that I have learned. I am so grateful to be out here on a mission.
This week, was amazing! Nothing much happened from Monday-Saturday that was huge. And our spirits were kind of low and it was kind of frustrating. But then on Sunday, we taught 3 lessons and got 4 new investigators! Sunday is a really short day because church doesn't get out until 4. Then we get a ride home, change, and eat. I felt like the Lord carried us throughout the week, helping us have energy and keep working. Then on Sunday he poured down the blessings on us. It was an awesome day and I am really grateful for it. I think on Sunday, we went outside with better spirits and more hope that that day would be a good day, and it was an amazing day.
 
This week we also went to a member's house and did some service there. It was a great time too. I haven't mowed a lawn in a while, so I hope I did a good job. Sometimes when we are at a member's house I feel like they teach us just by their example and the spirit that is inside of their home.
 
For Thanksgiving, we had 3 dinners. One at 2, one at 5 and one at 8. We didn't eat very much at the last dinner. But there were a lot of non-members and investigators at these dinners, so I hope that something can turn out of them. At the last dinner they had two turkeys. That were huge! And the reason they were huge was because they had stuffed them with rice! Never seen that before, but it was really good, and the Spanish people always look for reasons to put rice in things I'm pretty sure.
 
The Spanish is still coming along. I am getting better, but slowly. And I am understanding more and more. Spanish is so much more simple than English. I just wish Spanish had a word for got/get. I realized that in English we can replace like 100 Spanish verbs with just get/got haha.
 
I know that this gospel is true. I have been so blessed in my life to have been born into the gospel and here in the United States. I see so many blessings and the hand of the Lord every day. Sometimes we want to see miracles or have something crazy happen to us, but I know that by the little things that we sometimes don't even see and the whisperings of the Spirit are more powerful than a miracle. I love prayer and I am so grateful for it. I need to learn how to make prayer sincere and heart felt everytime. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. It is truely the word of God.
 
Thank you for your prayers, I wouldn't be able to do this without them.
Love Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment