Monday, September 19, 2011

Sept. 19th, 2011

So another short email probably. Sorry.. But I'm having a great time. This last week was a lot better than the last one. We had a lot more teaching appointments and everything just seemed to go a lot better. We had a cool contact with a guy waiting for a bus. He said he had a gospel album coming out and he gave us a little  sample. It was way good. It was kind of R&B and had a lot of flow. It was awesome. We are also teaching a couple of members from the same church. And their pastor! He is way cool and nice and said that he is very open. His family is awesome and nice too. I love them. We went to his church on Saturday and it he said something that I really liked. Unfortunately I didn't understand it in Spanish, but my companion told me afterwards. He said that when we are going through trials and difficulties that there is a blessing in our path. Satan gives us all these problems, difficulties, and  trials trying to get our faith and hopes down. But we just need to press forward with faith, relying on our Savior, Jesus Christ, because there is a blessing waiting for us.
 
I know that that is true. Last week was a rough rough week. My testimony took shots left and right and nothing just seemed to go my way. This week, blessings were just flowing. EVERYTHING was better. I have grown so much in the last week and it is because I was having a difficult time then got through it. The only one that knew what I was going through was my Savior. I relied on him, and he delivered. Even though my testimony might have went down a little last week, it shot up this week way more than it went down. I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for struggles and difficulties because it brings us closer to our Savior and strengthens our testimony of this church. He suffered so much more than any of us could ever suffer. I testify that he is always there for you, with his arm extended to pick you back up, and when times are really tough, he will pick you up and carry you. I love Him and I know that He lives.
 
I love you all and am grateful for your prayers and letters!
 
Love
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment