Monday, September 26, 2011

Sept. 26th, 2011

Things are going good. We are finding a lot of people to teach! The Spanish is getting better and better. I can understand more and more Spanish, it is just putting it all together now! The other day we taught in English because we ran into an English family and they invited us in. I still can speak English, but the words I said in English were words that I would use in Spanish to teach (words like marvelous some words just aren't as popular in English as in Spanish, I don't really know how to describe it.) and I was reversing some things. So I'm a horrible teacher in English and Spanish. But the good thing is, I don't have to be a good teacher because the Spirit is the teacher in this work! Thank goodness.
 
My companion and me are getting along more and more each day. We like just about all the same things... Basketball, Nike, Jordan, Kobe, Golf, cosas asi.
 
Sorry if I haven't written any of you back super fast, I'm so behind on letters it's crazy!
This week we got caught in a huge rain storm and we were just soaked. It was about 7:30. When we rode back home, the rain had cleared and there was a nice little lightning show. It was pretty cool.
I am meeting a lot of cool people here, I have learned so much and can't wait to learn more!
On Tuesday me and Elder Gregory (was in my MTC district with me) went on splits together! We really don't know Spanish, it was soooooo fun! One of the best days so far of my mission! The Spanish people loved laughing at our horrible Spanish and they were a lot nicer to us because they could tell we were just struggling. But it was a good good day.
 
Love and miss you all! Thanks for the prayers and letters.
 
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment