Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sept. 6th, 2011

I'm having a blast here! It really hasn't hit me that I'm on a mission yet, it's wierd, I don't know how to explain it haha but I love it. So this week I went on two exchanges. The first exchange was with another Spanish speaking elder and we were biking. I was using his companion's bike. (Elder Gregory, he was in my MTC district and now we our in a district together in the mission). I went over a speed bump and at the same time somehow I hit the front brake hard enough to flip my bike frontwards. So the bike crashed and I went over the handlebars, but somehow I never fell. It didn't make sense. The bike crashed and I just was walking forward kind of. I don't know how to explain it, but I just never fell which was a miracle. The Lord's hand is so present in everything, it is crazy. My second exchange this week was with a zone leader. (I shouldn't have to go on another exchange for a while, since I went on two this week which I think is pretty rare but I don't know) The zone leaders teach college students. Not the UCF college students, the sister missionaries teach the UCF students, but the zone leaders teach college students that go to other colleges around here. It was cool to teach with them because I got to speak English and they are people your age. It was pretty cool, I really liked it. We went on a temple tour with a guy that was just recently baptized. He is just so happy right now. The gospel brought him so much happiness. I feel like he should be teaching me just because of the happiness he had and the spirit that he felt. I realized just how much I have taken this gospel for granted my whole life. People are so happy to hear it sometimes. It's crazy.
 
I had some pretty cool experiances this week. Some people at the start of the lesson put up little barriers and just aren't too interested. By the end of the lesson, the spirit has worked a miracle on them. Their whole thought process and just everything about them changes. We had one lesson where a guy just totally changed by the end. It was a miracle. To me he just looked different at the end, it is the coolest thing that I have ever seen.
 
I know this church is true. I can't ever deny it. Even if you just read The Restoration (Chapter 3 Section 1) from Preach My Gospel, it makes perfect sense. It's so fun teaching it. And it's cool to tell Spanish peple that their ancestors had a record too called the Book of Mormon. They love it sometimes.
 
And 1 of my companions got transferred to a new area. So it's just me and Elder Spilsbury now. It's a blast. Love you all! Thanks for the prayers and everything!
 
Love,
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment