Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feb. 20th, 2012

I just looked at my watch and saw today is the 20th, I swear January just ended. But this week was really good!
 
Well first with the bad news. So we had this sweet lady we were teaching and she came to the church this Saturday and did Genealogy work (which was fun, I looked at mine and Grandma Jean, you are crazy with that stuff, I just clicking on people's dads and got all the way back to the 1500's, I just went from Grandpa Lattin's side, so that was really really interesting, I kind of caught the Spirit of Elijah!!) Well back to the story, so this investigator read at least like the first 13 chapters of Nephi, the Introduction, Testimonies, etc. in about a week and then she came to the church to do genealogy, and then we did a church tour, and then we walked her to her car and she dropped us in the parking lot!! We were sooooooo bummed. It is crazy to see how much you love a person when you no longer have them. So that was the worst part of the week.
But some cool things that happened this week, an investigator prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true and she opened up the bible and the first words she read were something like, "And now these are the words of Christ", so that always helps when investigators get answers like that. And we have 2 investigators who want to get baptized, but were smoking, but now they are 5 days clean!! So that is awesome! I don't think I have ever seen the Lord's hand so much in my life than I have here in Minneola. It is such a blessing.
This week we were so bummed on Sunday because we didn't think any investigators were coming to church, but then after Sacrament meeting, we saw one in the foyer who had been there all Sacrament meeting with her boy friend's mom (member), so that was a little miracle we saw this week. We had a pretty awesome Sunday. We are spoiled here in Minneola. We had a lunch and dinner with members and they were both really good. We had that one bread from like England or somewhere like that where it is thing and you put stuff on it, it is kind of like their pancakes???? I forget the name, but it was really good!
 
We had Zone Conference and those are always awesome because the Spirit is just really strong there and you learn so much. They make you feel like a horrible missionary though most of the time because I always walk out of them feeling like I have so much to do and work on! But I really do love them and the Spirit is the teacher there.
 
I wish I could tell you all everything that I see, feel, and experience, but I don't have the time!
Thank you for all your prayers! Not only me, but lives around me are being blessed because of them!
 
I love and miss you all!
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment