Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th, 2012

Well my Mother's Day call was awesome! I am really glad I called at night because my mind was racing as I went to bed, but luckily I woke up with the missionary focus back with me. But I really loved the phone call. I have always loved all my family and friends, but as I hung up the phone, I realized how much more I love you guys than before my mission. I didn't want to hang up the phone at all! But I do love all of you so much and am grateful for all that you do for me!

Well on Sunday the talks were of course on Mothers. I learned A LOT from the talks. One of them is that the speaker said that some mother's do not like mother's day because the feel inadequate or like they have made a lot of mistakes. I could really easily relate to that because I often feel inadequate as a missionary, every single day actually. But I just want my mother to know and my grandmother's and all the mother's out there that they are so special in God's plan. They have such a hard job and they do an amazing job! I hope that no mother feels inadequate, but that is just Satan. He knows our potential and he knows what we are capable of doing and becoming. He often tells us that we aren't any good and brings our mistakes to us to make us feel bad. One thing brought me peace this week that helped me realize on how we don't have to be perfect. I am pretty sure that I talked about it last week too, but it was GRACE. Grace is the best! It is the enabling power of our lives, it is the strength that we receive from the Lord, it makes up for all of our imperfections. We weren't perfect, we aren't perfect, and we can't be perfect in this life. But luckily Jesus Christ makes up for everything that we can't do. And He loves to do it. He knows we are going to fall short, but time after time his arm is always extended to us. I know that I can't be perfect, mother's can't be perfect (right now), but it is always reassuring that everything can be made better and perfect through the Atonement of Christ. The Lord will make up for what we can't do. We just have to have faith, try our hardest, repent, and repeat and all will be taken care of. I like the story of Peter falling in the water. It was his fault, he wanted to walk on water and he lost faith and he sank, but he did something that all of us can learn from, he called on Jesus to save him and help him. And then we read that Jesus IMMEDIATELY extended His arm and saved him. Peter could have just thought to himself, well I got myself into this, so I should get myself out of it, but he didn't. (I stole this from and April Ensign talk... haha) The Lord makes up for what we can't do, we just have to call on Him.

I love my mother and my grandmothers and my aunts. They have all helped me out in my life and have done a wonderful job in raising me. I couldn't have asked for a better mother. I love her and miss her.

Happy Mother's Day!

L-L-L-L-Love,
Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment