Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30th, 2012

Milagros por las docenas!
So this last week was probably the most awesome week of my mission. We were blessed so much by the Lord. It was really crazy awesome.

Tuesday I got my new companion. He is really cool, from Gunneson, Utah.. (some tiny town by Manti kind of I guess). He is from a family of 13 including his parents. They drive a bus as their car! Like a bus for retired folks is how he described it to me, so that is pretty cool.

So I will just skip to the most awesome parts. This week we had 9 new investigators! 3 families and I'm pretty sure at least two of them are married! It was really great. We also have 2 baptisms coming up on the 12th and we had 6 investigators at church this week! And there was a baptism at the church this Sunday and 2 investigators came to that. And we had a ward activity and 3 other investigators came to that. So it was just really amazing. The best week of my mission.

We had a ward activity and we played some soccer. President Hall gave us permission to play as well, so we had a lot of fun. I got sun burnt, but definitely all worth it. Didn't score any goals though...

The member missionary work is getting ready to boom and is going up in the ward and this area is ready to EXPLODE!! It is going to be so awesome. There are us and another set of elders in the ward and we are just seeing so many miracles. One of the new families we have know a family of 18 or something that live in the other missionaries side, so we could be seeing a lot of success in the waters of baptism as a ward.

I love this area! The bishop is super awesome as well. He is like 60 years old, plays soccer, jokes around, and plays video games in his free time. I hope I can be like him someday.

Well this is a super short letter, but it is better than the one a missionary sent last week to his family. He sent a picture of him and Ken Griffey Jr. to his family and said, "This is Ken Griffey Jr. Enough said." Ken Griffey Jr. and Shaq daddy live in our ward boundaries. How would you baptize Shaq?

Love you all thanks for the prayers! I have seen miracles because of them.

Elder Christiansen
143

PS. for the 4th of July we got to go ON TOP of the temple to watch the fireworks from Disney, Sea World, Universal, etc.

PSS. Someone tell Elder Stockard that my mother sent me one of his letters, and that I stole his idea of carrying around the BofM questions of the soul card and it is money! Thanks Elder Stockard 143. Keep doing work. And if any other good ideas come, let me know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment