Monday, April 15, 2013

:)

Soooooo we had a very good week! It was amazing! I love being back here in Clermont. Me and my companion are getting along good and I am getting to know the Spanish group little by little so that is good! They are very cool. We are a group within an English ward and so the first hour is English with translation and the 2nd two hours have Spanish classes. But since last Sunday was fast and testimony meeting, we had our own fast and testimony meeting in the relief society room. It was a very good one. There are usually about 25-30 people that go a week, but last week a less-active/part member family blessed their baby at church and their big family came, and we had 3 investigators and some other people came that aren't regulars so all in all there was about 50 people! Haha we filled the Relief Society room, so we had to bring more chairs. The family with the baby blessing made us look pretty good haha. One person told my companion, wow! There are a lot of investigators here! Hahaha, yup wasn't us, but they can think it was so maybe we can get more help from them. :) The group is really good. They love to go to lessons with us, so that is good!
We had a miracle last week because we had 3 investigators at church on Sunday. They are Ana (great grandma), Lymarie (mom), and Maria (daughter). The Grandma is a member in my first ward, valencia, in oviedo. Other missionaries referred them to us because they went to their baptism that they had of a cousin or something. And so our first lesson with them, I was on exchanges so I didn't get to meet them, but I met them all on Sunday. And guess what! A year ago when I was in Minneola I taught Lymarie's son, Chris and his wife dianne. So I had already met Ana and Maria but not Lymarie! Haha. When I talked to Ana a year ago, she said something like, "I don't want to listen, I am getting baptized in the future." something like that. So I guess Ana has been in contact with the church for about 25 years! And the night of the baptism she went to the other day, her father came to her in a dream and told her she needs to get baptized, so now she is finally ready she says! :).. I will be able to teach them tonight for the first time! They are a real special family. I hope all goes well! It was definitely a blessing/tender mercy/miracle. Please pray for them. The Lord can do more for them in 3 seconds to help them out than we can in 3 years!
We had a fun week. Knocking a lot of doors. I love it! We are having a great time down here. Lots of miracles, I appreciate your prayers, they are definitely helping us out!
Love you all!
Elder Christiansen 143

No comments:

Post a Comment