Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jan. 2, 2011

Well we had a pretty fun week! Elder Moli who just came out of the MTC had a nice welcome to Orlando with a loooooong bike week. He worked really hard though and I was really impressed. He fell asleep in about 30 seconds. The only reason I know that is because he snores pretty well haha. We have quite the trio companionship right now. 
This week I went on an exchange with Elder Spilsbury (my first companion). We had a blast! You really make some good friends on the mission even when you are nothing alike. But me and Elder Spilsbury are super similar, so we had a great time. We only got into a couple disagreements haha. 
It also has been getting pretty cold here at night time! One night we were freezing and Elder Moli bought some hot chocolate and he was holding it as we were biking and he went off a curb and crashed and spilled the hot chocolate all over and got some on his tie and shirt. He was alright though. Just a little upset he didn't get to finish his hot chocolate.
I'm growing more and more out here in Orlando. It is truly a blessing to just be able to serve a mission. I am learning things out about my self that I really never knew. I'm really grateful to be out here and grateful for everyone who helped me out to make it on a mission. 

I know that this is Jesus Christ's church and that He is the head of it. I know that President Monson is a prophet of God and has been called to lead His children. I have come to notice just how true The Church of Jesus Christ is. My testimony seems to grow a little bit at a time, and it isn't always easy, but in the end, it is all worth it. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that it was written for us today. I regret not reading it consistently from when I began to read. I love the Spirit that is in it and how it can change our days and help us out with so many things. I know that prayer is amazing. I know it is a commandment. I know that we receive so many blessings from prayer. And I thank you all for your prayers. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week and an opportunity to share the gospel with someone.

Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment