Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5th, 2012

First of all got to give a shout out to Elder Hadley Faught on the mission call to Chile! I did not expect that at all! He will be great!
 
I have a lot to be grateful for in life. I have so many blessings in my life. I never really realized it until I got out here to Florida. I am grateful for everything that Heavenly Father has given me. We taught this one lady a while ago and she really wasn't too interested in our church we could say, but yesterday we decided to go see her. When it was time to head her direction, the wind was blowing against us and it was pretty uphill and we got kind of lazy in our heads thinking "Well this could be a waste of time and she is not even interested, why are we going over there?" But we decided to stick to our plans and go visit her. When we pulled up to her house, we walked up her driveway (her house is on a hill) and we found her just laying on her sidewalk looking up into the sky. I first thought she had fallen, but then we said "hi" and she looked up and she was talking on the phone to her mom. She told her she would call her back and then started talking to us. She told us that it was weird that we stopped by because she had been talking about us and thinking about us just yesterday. We asked her how she was doing (we already knew that she had insomnia and she told us she only got two hours of sleep the night before. She started crying and started telling us about her story. It was super sad, but it was nice to know that the Lord had sent us there for a reason. She recognized it too. We had a nice little lesson with her and she was really grateful that we stopped by and told us we could come by again. Both times we have been there, she has been telling us how the Lord has sent us there for a reason, but she has been telling us how we need to go to her church and how we need to open our eyes a little and not shut down other ideas. But by the end of our second lesson, she said the closing prayer and prayed that either her our us would be able to find the truth. Totally shocked us haha. Little by little great things come to pass, and I hope that we can continue to be used as instruments in the Lord's hands to help her reach her full potential. It was an awesome miracle that we experienced this week.
 
I know this gospel is true. I am grateful for all I have been blessed with.
Thank you for your prayers. I love and miss you all!
Elder Christiansen
143

No comments:

Post a Comment