Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9th, 2012

Shout out to Stu-Con and his birthday! Lots of love my man!

This week was a really good week! We had a lot of luck and a lot of help from the Lord. Easter Sunday was also very good! We got to visit a couple of families and eat at their houses. I ate a ton. And they both gave us Easter baskets, so we have a lot of candy. Easter is really special because it is all about the Atonement. We watched the video "He Is Risen" a couple times with members and that is a great little video. I don't know if you all have gone to biblevideos.org (I think that is the website), but it is really good and there are some really good videos. Even though it is sad to watch some of the videos and it's hard to see just some of the things that Jesus Christ went through, the videos really bring a spirit of just peace and comfort. I know that as I watched them my testimony in Jesus Christ strengthened and the reality in His infinite Atonement. It is really nice to have Christmas and Easter to remind us a little more about our Savior, but it probably shouldn't be that way. I remember Sister Hall telling us that everyday we should think of Jesus Christ like we do on Christmas. I know that I am guilty of not thinking of Him as much as I do during Christmas and Easter, but whenever I do remember Him and reflect on His love for us, it always brings comfort to my soul.

This week we were blessed with quite a bit of lessons to teach. On Monday, we went on a church tour with an investigator. When we got there, we realized we had left the keys at home.. Super not clutch. But luckily the High Priest Group Leader in the other ward lived really close and helped us out haha. It was a real good time. We taught a lesson and it is the best lesson we had had with that investigator.

This week something that I learned was just how much I have taken the church for granted. Being a member all of my life, I haven't been able to experience the part of not really having the blessings of the Gospel in my life. We went to a member's home and they are converts and they told us their conversion stories. They were awesome. It strengthened my testimony and it created a yearning in me of having more of the spirit. I realized how much the spirit is desired. As I kind of thought about the spirit and the blessings that it brings to me, I had a little "wake up call" that I needed to try even harder to spread the gospel with others and let them experience the blessings of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Everybody wants the Holy Ghost as a constant companion, but many don't know where to find it. I realized that just bearing testimony to others more will help them feel of the Holy Ghost. Testimonies are powerful and I know that we can bear simple testimonies and touch the souls of others. I hope that we can all have and create opportunities to bear our testimonies with others. That is one thing I will be working on this week. For that which we don't share, we lose. (A revised quote by an apostle? Maybe President Eyring??)

I love you all! Miss you tons! Thanks for your prayers!

Love,

Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment