Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30th, 2012

Well this last Saturday, we had a baptism! It truly was a miracle. At the start of the transfer we were really just hoping of having a miracle of one baptism. We had no idea who it was going to be or how it really would be done, but the Lord definitely provided. As we look back on it with the whole process, we still have no idea how it happened. But just that it did. It was a really cool experience, and gave me a lot of hope and confidence for the months coming up in this Minneola ward. It was just awesome to be apart of the experience that she had on her way to baptism. It wasn't easy, but it was possible.

When I came out on my mission, I had a goal of about 75 baptisms. I have 74 to go... haha. It took over 8 months here in Florida to get one, but it was so worth it. My testimony has really grown over these past 8 months and all the hard work, devastation's, tough times, and bike problems was worth seeing the one smile of the lady who was baptized and confirmed this past weekend. And even though I worked really hard and put in a lot of effort, I can still see my own nothingness compared to God. I feel like I did nothing compared to Him in helping our investigator into the waters of baptism.

We also went this week to our ward day of service, we did service at Relay for Life which was pretty fun. It was a good opportunity to serve and to bond with the ward. My companion goes back to Ranchocucamonga Wednesday. I will still be in Minneola and I love it!

I really don't have a lot for this past week. Just that the baptism was awesome! And I am grateful for every body's help, love, and support. I couldn't do it without your prayers... The Lord blesses me everyday because of them.

Love you all!

Elder Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment